Optimise your performance
Track your physical progress with the latest fitness tech and monitoring
Fitness Testing and Monitoring
Tracking and monitoring your progress is a great way to objectively assess how your conditioning programme and performances are going.
Perform Fitness have the experience and the technology to monitor you as an individual or your team.
Speed testing, repeated sprint tests, aerobic based field testing as well as strength testing can all be completed.
Fitness testing should always be objective, repeatable, valid and reliable.
Perform Fitness have almost 25 years of working in high performance sport where pre-season, mid-season and post-season fitness testing has to reflect the progressions of each athlete accurately.
Perform Fitness can monitor the follwoing assessments at your training ground or a local park:
- Speed testing with Witty speed cells
- Repeated sprint capacity tests to include fatigue index
- Aerobic field based tests:
- Yo-Yo IRTL1
- Bronco Test
- Bleep Test.
- Height, Body Weight & BMI
- Sum of skinfolds (via calipers)
- Strength Tests relative to body weight ratio and repetition maximum (RM) testing to ensure effective load prescription.
In addition the following can be conducted:
- Heart rate training zones
- Live heart rate monitoring
- Acute & Chronic Training Load monitoring
Reports for each individual and team overview can be provided.
Re-tests after conditioning intervention is advised to monitor progress and make any modifications to the training programme.
Please contact Alex to discuss your fitness testing requirements and bespoke pricing.
The conditioning intervention by Alex has been excellent. The impact on my fitness has been remarkable, see these progressions with my Yo-Yo test results:
- 2017: Level 15.1 (at that time I was quite fit)
- 2018: Level 14.4 (just! And I really struggled the whole season not being able to get as fit as I wanted as injuries were stopping me)
- 2019: Level 17.1 and I could have kept going, I stopped only because that is the national panel requirement level, so in my head I went ‘done’!
While level 17.1 on the Yo-Yo test is way above what I need for my level, I have done two matches already and I feel super fit. I can be next to the action all the time, even chase fast wingers in 50 metre sprints and keep up with them without any problem.
Seeing and feeling the results has given me great confidence.
Having a baseline measure for all of the components of fitness creates a fitness profile for each athlete and can track trends and physical gaps in any training programme.
These gaps can then be filled for optimum performance.
Strength assessments can be conducted to help with load prescription and also track progression.
The results can be related to body weight to create a strength to body weight ratio which is a relative score to help compare individuals and also track improvement.
There is a large correlation between strength and speed so the results obtained may indicate further conditioning requirements within other components of fitness.
Body composition is an important component of health related fitness.
Baseline measures along with girth measurements can be completed and then monitored over time.
Heart Rate Monitoring:
Session heart rates can be downloaded and discussed with each client or athlete to ensure correct training zones and therefore an optimum physical outcome.
Maximal heart rates should be used from maximal fitness testing to create accurate heart rate zones to base training upon.
Perform Fitness can provide HR tracking during a session via the Firstbeat Sports Live HR monitor.