Perform: Fitness: The Solution:
Established in January 2008 and based in London, UK, Perform: Fitness: provides the link between strength & conditioning, rehabilitation and performance.
Perform:Fitness provides the following services:
- Strength & Conditioning Coaching:
- Performance based strength training and coaching: Olympic lifting, compound/assistance lifts and functional conditioning as well as aerobic/anaerobic conditioning, speed, agility, speed endurance, etc. All based upon your individual requirements.
- Fitness training sessions: improve your general fitness. Sessions can include circuits, HIIT sessions, group fun games, like touch rugby, ultimate Frisbee, handball, etc. All great team based activities with fantastic fitness benefits!
- Specific sports related conditioning: hypertrophy, strength gain, improved sport specific fitness, robustness training.
- Weight management: specific conditioning sessions aimed at reducing body fat, increasing metabolism and increasing lean muscle mass.
- Functional Rehabilitation from Injury:
- Bridge the gap between hands on physiotherapy sessions and full functional demands: body protection and robustness packages.
- Alex is used to working within a multi-disciplinary team and is very happy and comfortable liaising with your physiotherapist or orthopaedic surgeon to ensure the best strategy for a return to action and full function.
- You can self-refer for this service.
- Fitness Testing:
- Speed testing, aerobic capacity testing, speed endurance assessment, body composition assessment. Reports provided.
- Heart Rate zone prescription: make training effective…
- Isokinetic testing (quads/hamstrings & ankle): essential for objective markers post injury or post-surgery, but also extremely valuable for pre-signing medicals, or for baseline scores for example. Covered by most healthcare insurance providers.
- Return to Play Strategy:
- Timeline established and conditioning programme created based upon a return to play strategy. This is especially useful after a period of de-training or injury.
- Improved body awareness = increased success.
- Corporate Health & Well-being:
- Health at work seminars and workshops
- Team bonding sessions: Physical sessions for groups to promote physical activity as well and team bonding!
- Jet Lag strategy: behave like a professional athlete when you travel the World for important meetings and events: Available for sports people and the corporate industry alike.
- Pre & Post Natal Fitness:
- Re-conditioning after delivery of your baby. Get back to pre-baby shape with a specific programme graduated after birth.
- Performance Consultancy:
- Alex is also available for performance consultancy, where she can come in to an environment and observe current practice. Observations and advice on best practice to help the facility and personnel involved to improve and become better can be relayed in a professional manner. With over 20 years experience in high performance and elite sport, Alex recognises what works well and what may need to be improved in a sports science environment.
Alex’s background includes 10 years in professional football at both Fulham Football Club and Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, as well as consultancy for The Football Association as a sports scientist travelling with the International squads for international tournaments and games.
Experience with tennis players, judo players, golfers, motor racing drivers, rugby players, in addition to recreational athletes who want to do a couch to 5k or 10k programme or become stronger, for example, have all lead to an abundance of experience over the years.
In addition to this applied experience, Alex is a keen author and has written three books. Please refer to published material for more information.
My goal is to help you achieve your goals…
This experience at an elite, high performance level is invaluable in helping clients reach their optimum level of physical development. Body protection and body awareness are key areas to help a client improve and reach their goals.
Don’t leave your performance to chance…
Photograph courtesy of mooneyphoto.com
Perform: Fitness recognises the value of optimal performance, recovery and well-being, whether in the office or on the field of play.
There is nothing stopping you reaching your potential and achieving your goals…
Don’t Leave your Performance to Chance…
Alex conducting a training sessions with the players from Tottenham Hotspur Football Club.
Photograph courtesy of www.mooneyphoto.com
Alex Reid, BSc, CSCS, ASCC.